Downloading and installing the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system software update will update your PSP® system's operating system to include the latest security patches, settings, features and other items. We encourage you to check this page from time to time for system software updates and to always maintain your system to use the latest version of the system software.
An update to the PSP® system software was released on January 15th, 2015. You can use this update to upgrade your system software to version 6.61 (including 6.60).
New for 6.61:
System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
- Prepare to save the update data on Memory Stick Duo™ media, using one of the following methods:
- Connect the PSP® system to the PC using the USB cable
- Connect a commercially available Memory Stick USB reader/writer to the PC
- Use the Memory Stick slot on the PC
- Create a folder for the update data on Memory Stick Duo™ media.
Using your PC, create a folder named "PSP". Within the "PSP" folder, create a folder named "GAME". Within the "GAME" folder, create a folder named "UPDATE". (Folder names must be in all uppercase letters).
- Download the update data for the PSP-1000/2000/3000 series and save it in the "UPDATE" folder created in step 2